Monday, August 12, 2013

Day two of fly rod learning

I had a cheapo beginners found set that I bought over a year ago that until yesterday sat on my wall in my garage. Finally after watching a bunch of how-to  videos on YouTube I decided it was time to give it a go. Yesterday I opened it up got it all tied up and spent an hour on the dock just practicIng and trying my  best.  Today after I got home from work I went to the neighborhood pond down the street to put my skills to the test. After fumbling for a few I managed to get it down to a usable level and not too long after landed my first fish on a flyrod.... a whopper 6 inch bluegill. I have never felt more accomplished over such a dink of a fish haha. Caught a crappie a few cast later and called it a day. Not to bad for my second day.

No comments:

Post a Comment